Best vegetarian starter!!!! Carrot tarte tatin with orange ginger caramel and pumpkin vadoevan hummus. Sweet sour umami en healthy comes together with this starter.
How to Make Carrot Tarte Tatin with Orange Ginger Caramel and Pumpkin Vadoevan Hummus:
- Slice the carrot 0.5 cm. Put the sugar in the pan and heat till the sugar caramelize.
- Put the carrots in and stir. Put the butter in and orange juice. Then put the rest of the ingredients into it and cook gently the carrots till you get a sirup.
- Peel the pumpkin and heat up the oven to 220° C / 425° F and line a baking tray with a piece of baking paper.
- Cut your pumpkin into evenly sized pieces and coat in a little olive oil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes – until soft and lightly caramelised. Alternatively, you can steam your pumpkin instead.
- Transfer pumpkin to a blender and blend. Put gently the rest of the ingredients into the blender till it is smooth