More than 18,000 workers are employed in Michigan’s marijuana industry, nearly double the number of cannabis jobs in the state a year ago.
Michigan employs the sixth most cannabis industry employees in the nation and in 2020 increased its share faster than most other states, according to previous reporting by MLive.
MLive has closely covered Michigan’s marijuana industry since the recreational market opened in December 2019 and through its proliferation last year. It’s continuing to share stories of the developing industry and the lessons entrepreneurs and consumers are learning.
The news outlet and its partners are hosting a “Cannabis Industry Insights” virtual forum from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, June 17 on the business of the cannabis industry.
The series of panel discussions will cover social equity in the cannabis world, coaching for cannabis businesses and how to build social media influence.
There will also be time for networking after the panels. You can register for the event here for $15.
The forum will be hosted virtually by Eric Hultgren, MLive director of social media and content marketing, and Gus Burns, a reporter focused on cannabis industry coverage. The pair hosted a similar forum in March. MLive Capitol political reporter Lauren Gibbons will join Gus in moderating the event.
Featured speakers include Robin Schneider, executive director of the Michigan Cannabis Industry Association – the state’s largest marijuana trade group, and Jessica Golich, a prominent social media influencer and entrepreneur with over 125M+ views on TikTok.
More community and business leaders will also present their perspectives and insights, and they will be available for networking later on in the event:
- Jess Jackson, founder of communications design agency LOUD.Social, which has launched campaigns to address barriers to accessing the cannabis industry.
- Anqunette Sarfoh, a former TV news anchor who became an advocate medical cannabis use.
- Shaun Mansour, an attorney who specializes in cannabis law.
- Amanda Kugler, licensed insurance agent who has operated an agency since 2009.
- Charlene Raikany, CPA, owner of the boutique CPA firm, Booked and Balanced.
- Fay Powell, director of education and training for Unity Rd. and Item 9 Labs.
- Lev Spivak-Birndorf, chief science officer at PSI Labs.
- Nash Beauregard, retail/wholesale account executive at KAI Cannabis Co.
- Ryan Basore, founder/CEO of Redemption Cannabis.
Sponsors of the event include Unity Rd., The Roots Insurance, Shaun A. Mansour, PLLC, ArborSide, Booked and Balanced, PSI Labs, KAI Cannabis Co., Sensi Michigan and the Michigan Cannabis Industry Association.
The event is intended for current industry leaders and business owners, consumers and anyone who wants to know more about cannabis, CBD and hemp products.
This is the second of three seminars in the MLive Cannabis Insights series. The next seminar is scheduled for Oct. 7.
Read more on MLive: