FLINT, MI — A small fire started in the administrative office on the second floor of the Genesee County Jail Tuesday evening, according to the sheriff.
Multiple fire trucks and emergency vehicles responded to the jail at 1002 Saginaw Street around 6:30 p.m. on June 1.
No one was injured and the fire was quickly extinguished, Genesee County Sheriff Christopher R. Swanson said in a Facebook Live video.
Swanson said officers believe the fire started in a vent that came from a dryer.
There are 630 inmates currently in the jail, Swanson said. Inmates were briefly evacuated from the jail but have since been returned to their cells.
Swanson thanked the Flint Fire Department for its response.
Crews remain on the scene to clean water from the second floor.
Read more on MLive: